Thursday, November 12, 2009

Ghost Bike

2nd ghost bike of the year will be unveiled this Saturday coming at 11am.

Karl McGee died on the 15th September when he was involved in a collision with an articulated truck on Wellington Quay.

Here are the details:

On the 15th of September Karl McGee, a cyclist of 51 was killed on Aston Quays(sic). To remember him, a ghostbike will be unveiled at the location of the accident on Saturday November 14th at 11AM. The ceremony will take place on the south quays, at Ha'penny Bridge in presence of Karl's family and friends. After that, a group will cycle to Harolds Cross bridge and place flowers at the first ghostbike of Dublin, in memory of Paul who died there in January.

http://www.ghostbikes.org/dublin/

Contact:
Thomas Pedoussaut
thomas (at) pedoussaut.com
086 156 1787

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Jim Travers, a
mature final year student in NUI Maynooth studying for a BA degree in Community Studies.
I am writing a thesis on
roadside memorials and would like to interview people who would be
willing to talk about their experiences and their reasons for erecting memorials in places outside the norms of traditional burial and memorial rites.

I would be very grateful if it would be possible for you to place this small notice on your website seeking people who would be willing to speak to me about a bereavement and their reasons for erecting roadside memorials to the memory of a relative or friend.

I will conduct the interviews in the strictest of confidence and will respect the decision of those who decide that they do not wish to continue with an interview. I am prepared to travel to wherever a person feels comfortable enough to speak to me about their
bereavement.

I really would be very grateful if you could help me in my research work.

I can be contacted at james.h.travers@nuim.ie
or on 087-2360076
Thank you