Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Victoria

http://profile.ak.facebook.com/object3/648/79/l36324531140_2682.jpg
We all love reading about Victoria Pendleton, so click here to read her latest interview in the Guardian.

A choice excerpt:
"...what other sport has to deal with the attitude we get as cyclists on the road? I certainly haven't noticed any sudden courtesy to cyclists in the wake of us being the most successful British team in the Olympics. I cycle to the velodrome most days and I have one narrow escape for every hour on the road. I just think, 'Holy shit, I could die on my bike out here.'

"To a cyclist, these bloody motorists might as well be running around with a loaded gun. When you have that sort of attitude towards cyclists how are we going to move our sport into the mainstream?"

BBC video interview here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pendleton? You mean 'Pembleton'?